This statement applies to the official website of the Occupational Health and Safety Authority (OHSA) and was last updated on 27/05/2022.
OHSA is committed to making its website accessible as required by the Accessibility of the Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies Regulations (S.L. 418.03), transposing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 26 October 2016 on the accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies.
This website is partially compliant with the Accessibility of the Websites and Mobile Applications of Public Sector Bodies Regulations (SL 418.03) transposing Directive 2106/2101 of the European Parliament.
If you identify inaccessible content or issues, kindly let us know via the contact details provided in the website.
The statement has not been reviewed by the Malta Communications Authority.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
OHSA’s website is designed to be compatible with the latest versions of the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
- Firefox Version
- Chrome Version.
Technical specifications and accessibility measures used
Accessibility of the OHSA website relies on HTML technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer.
This technology is relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
The OHSA website implements the following accessibility features:
- Maintain a consistent HTML Heading hierarchy and information layout across different web pages.
- Add image title, alt tag and caption wherever this information is relevant and useful.
- Maximise colour contrast for text where applicable.
- Actual link text is descriptive enough to inform user where the link points to.
- Implement all external links so that they open into new browser tabs.
- Implement captioning in as much multimedia content as possible.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on:
- Phone: +356 21247677
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: 17, Edgar Ferro Street, Pietà, PTA 1533, Malta
We aim to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Limitations and alternatives
The following limitations are observed at present:
- Some hyperlinks on the website may be identifiable only by colour
- Some PDF documents may lack the proper formatting for use by accessibility technologies
OHSA is committed to implement a continuous improvement programme to rectify the above, however despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of its website, there may be some limitations which may have gone unnoticed or are planned to be made accessible soon. Please contact us if you observe any such issue in our website.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the Malta Communications Authority at https://www.mca.org.mt/accessibilitycomplaint or to the Commission for the Rights for Persons with Disability (CRPD), should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Version 1, 2022